Friday, September 08, 2006

Disappointing digital fortress

Last night I stayed up till 4 even though I had slept 6 hours in two days because I was reading this book by Dan Brown -"Digital Fortress". The reviews of this book were amazing but reading it was quite disappointing, for non geeks the book would be a great read but for me every few minutes I would go like "Dude this is crap". Dan Brown didn't seem to have researched the topic of crypto quite well. The most disappointing part was the climax. The puzzle that had to be solved to stop the 'virus' took 60 pages and I had got the answer after reading the first few and the rest of the pages I went through wondering how stupid does Dan Brown imagine his readers to be. There were a lot of holes in the story too which Im too lazy to discuss here. Bottomline : A waste of 7-8 hours.

1 comment:

harshavardhan reddy said...

i never expected to read somthin like this. "angels n daemons" was my 1st novel, n I found it damn exciting. da vinci code was also OK. I thot digital fortress wud be equally exciting, n Im plannin 2 read it somtime. Anyways tahnx 4 da info.
One more thing. I heard ther's a puzzle(secret code kinda thing) on the last page of digital fortress, try it.

feed