Thursday, September 07, 2006

My choices with software

OS Server: Debian OS Desktop: Ubuntu Browser: Tough choice b/w konqueror and firefox, konqueror would win by miles if all pages rendered on it correctly Mail client: kmail Programming language: Python Text editor: nano (Most people would regard this lame but I haven't got the patience to learn vi :() Ftp server: vsftpd Mail server: postfix Desktop: fluxbox without doubt Terminal emulator: mrxvt;provides all the features of the bigger terminals like gnome's and kde's but yet is very small and incredibly fast. IRC client: irssi IM: gaim;there isn't much choice anyway File manager: konqueror Audio player: xmms Video player: mplayer If you think I've forgotten some useful software, its because I don't use them or I find thier choice trivial.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man every body aint computer master's to know all these thin's post some thing readabe...

techieV2 said...

gud post dude. wat bout giving xfce terminal a try 4 mrxvt

techieV2 said...

n reg IM, try Gyache, the full fledged client for yahoo

Ravi said...

I don't like xfce terminal(rather Terminal) because it's not easy to 'automate' the stuff it does(hardly has any command line options). Its basically a lighter version of gnome-terminal. There are a ton of options you get on command line for mrxvt which lets you change completely how it looks/feels/handles programs/which programs it starts and even how the different tabs in the terminal behave all from a command(or the profile).

I don't want to try Gyache because I hate IMs. Its just something I have to use. So gaim it is since its already available and I can even use msn and IRC on it.

feed