Thursday, September 14, 2006

PHP after a long long time

Ever since I had started writing this blog I had one major problem with it; The lack of control. Numerous times I thought I would write my own blog engine and put it up on my shell but two factors stopped me: 1.Lack of time. 2.Reliability of my shell provider. Then I thought I could atleast enhance my blog with my own code and link it from here. One more problem: I hadn't used PHP for 2 years now. But anyway after about 3-4 hours I was able to get this stats page working with complete logging. How is it? I know its too plain for all you eye candy lovers. For a moment I thought about making it more 'attractive' but decided against it. If anybody needs the code and info on how to do it just leave a comment. P.S: You need to have access to a webserver with PHP for it to work. After some requests I've created a howto on creating the stats thing, here's it: Counter howto One thing I forgot to mention in the article read your log.txt for goodies.I repeat I do not accept any responsibility for the usability/stability of the code.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man u gotta cool blog!!!
keep up the nice work
can u tell me how to install these stats??
"You are visitor no: 18
Your IP: 59.93.3.20
You are using browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3"

feed